Thursday, June 26, 2008

Her first love!!

My kids now sleep in their own rooms(finally!!) and even though my son stays thoughout in his ,my daughter finds many excuses to come to our room or have us sleep with her.
With her cute smile and sweetness its often tough not to indulge her for a little while.
So everyday we cuddle together and read a book until she is ready to doze off. Even when there are days when I am tired and just want to sleep ,I cherish these little mommy daughter moments we share. I ask her how the day went in her daycare and she goes on and on what she played and who played with her and who did not etc.
Last night I was saying how her brother is going to be 5 in July and then he will go to school. So she asks mummy I am three now so I will 5 next year.
I correct her saying she will 4 this year and 5 next year and then go to school.
She is excited"yeah i can go in a school bus to school..." then falls silent for a moment and slowly asks "can I go to Texas school?"
Surprised , I asked her Why texas?who is there?

And she smiles saying Kyan,my friend is in kindercare in Texas...

Kyan and my daughter were best buddies in 2- year old class at daycare and this year when she returns there he and his family moved to warmer climates of Texas from Minnesota.
My daughter has no clue where Texas is until I tell her we need to fly to get there and its far far away. We need money to buy tickets..

She ponders on that for some time as I hope she gets some sleep. Finally declares-"when I grow up ,I will make lot of money and go to Texas".
Ok Sweety-thats fine with me and she is all relived now that she has my permission. and ready to sleep.

As she drifted into dreamland,I smiled to myself and thought I had to write this down and some 20 years later show her and maybe ask her if she still wants to go to Texas and look for her first love:-)

3 comments:

@the_whisk_affair said...

hehe!! wait till her first love reads this! :-) regards to ur lil princess!!

Anonymous said...

I can relate to this so well. When we were searching for a school for Nikhil's LKG, he said he wanted to go to the same school that his playschool friend Akshita was going to. I had to separate the two young lovers:)

Anonymous said...

I like your style of writing. To compare with present day writers, it resembles Ruskin Bond’s style. Little moments of life presented in simple and beautiful words make the work great. Bit of philosophy will add more depth to your writings. Keep writing.