Sunday, May 18, 2008

Spring is here!!

Minneapolis has been home for me since Dec 2001 and every winter since then I wonder what I am doing here. We have almost 6 months of cold weather negative temps,snow,sleet,hail and everything. As I sit staring at the snow,my mind often go to the greenery of Kerala,my home state back in India .

Take my word for it-Snow all around everyday is not anywhere as romantic as they look in hindi movies. Its really funny when you see the songs with actresses in skimpy outfits dancing in the snow while the macho hero is all suited up.( Check out the song from movie Pukar where Madhuri dixit wears a blue chiffon saree and is swaying away to a song pictured on floating ice with Anil Kapoor in full suit)
no wonder they demand so much money...
Even though being so used to this climate,I cannot get out without atleast a sweater and jacket.

So where was I??

Oh Ok..in spite of the long winter here..come April-May,we have the best season of the year-SPRING.
The grass begins to turn green,trees start showing signs of life with tiny green stubs popping on the branches,flowers bloom .I often think we should have a video camera focused on trees that can capture the growth ever second. Every day there is so much change. Well since that doesn't seem possible,this year I am taking a picture of a tree in our front yard since the snow melted every week,just to capture the changes that happen so fast. Attaching pictures taken yesterday and last Sunday..will keep updating every week . Even while I envy people who live in warmer,friendlier, almost constant weather,weathering a long winter and seeing spring eventually does make me appreciate it a lot more and motivate me to make good use of the few precious beautiful days untill October:-)










1 comment:

Ichu said...

Son, Yes, definitely, spring is the best of the season's which we enjoy and look forward every year. Nice picture...... Even though Fall colors are beautiful too, we appreciate the spring flowers and trees after the long long winter season.